Tuesday, February 14, 2006

February 14

Happy Valentines Day !

Well I didn't go to the track this morning, just didn't feel well. I also didn't go to work until 1:00. Stomach has been bothering me some all day, and I was also light headed quite a bit today. Not sure if that is from the chemo (4 days ago) or if it is from not taking in the calories like I normally do. It's not that I'm not eating, just not eating near as much or as often. I'm hoping that day 5 will be better. I think I'll go for a 10-20 minute walk when I get home. Maybe that will help work out some of these chemo drugs. The sick feeling just comes and goes as it pleases.

And now for a comment about all of you who are reading this. I am truly amazed at the support I am getting from friends, family and others I don't know, but share common interests. Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. I look forward to opening this blog everyday (sometimes more than once) and looking for new comments. It's like an energy boost for the soul to see the support from so many. Thanks to Todd, Cathy, Donna, Candy, nancytoby, Kris, Holly, Shelly, Flatman, jsoulnh, Iron Benny, Nita, Linae and so many more. You all ROCK !

Later...Ken

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Newman... I have nothing but XXXX and OOOO for you on this VDay! Sweets are on their way to ensure you get proper fuel! I will drop them off tonight. AND there is nothing better than peanut butter, chocolate covered pretzels to ensure you get your daily supply of fats, carbs and proteins!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Ken - Just keep reminding yourself that feeling like crap is simply a "side effect" of the chemo treatment - Your not sick, your fighting hard!

I think the hardest part of my early diagnosis was that I was feeling on top of the world - They told me "you have cancer" and I thought - but I don't FEEL SICK! So I can relate to how hard this has been.

My first weekend after 5 days of chemo SUCKED! I was having some horrible side effects.

In terms of activity, just keep doing whatever your body will allow that day. You might have days where you have to settle for 2 miles of running instead of 6 simply because that is all your body can handle. In those cases make it 2 miles that you ENJOY!

Live STRONG!!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home