Thursday, March 16, 2006

March 13, 14, 15, and 16

Monday--I took this as a rest day and mentally preparing (if that is possible) for another chemo treatment.

Tuesday--chemo #6 of 8 was today. I went to work before hand for a few hours to pass the time. chemo was as usual, gave blood for analysis, saw the doc, got chemo drugs, felt terrible and went home to bed. I guess the good part is, only 2 left. Although I am plowing through this, it is hard to stay positive about this all the time.

Dr Dave D called and left a message on my cell phone this evening. He was just checking on me and wanted to pass something along to me. He said that he was on a long run on Sunday, and was having a tough time with it. He thought about me and my battle, and it motivated him to keep going during his run. I don't think I am conveying his words exactly, and I may also have been emotionally tired from the day, but his comments brought tears to my eyes. I got to thinking about some other people who have also said similar things through the previous weeks..Mike, Todd, Tom, Dan, Kathi, Jacob, Guy, Kristin, and so many others......I am truly blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people that enjoy the workouts, sweat, and hard work as I do and still find me to be a motivating factor and to offer the support that they do. Thank you one and all......Dallas Athletes Rocks !!

Wednesday--I stayed home from work today, although I did do some work from the house (isn't technology a wonderful thing). Really did not feel well all day long. I was light headed this time more than I remember. The same old feeling in the stomach, not hungry, food has no taste. I ate some today, not because I was hungry, but because I new I needed the nourishment.

Thursday--I got this morning feeling a little better, but not well enough to go to work. I did some work from the house again. It's kind of strange that one minute I feel pretty good, and the next I feel light headed and sick again. Kinda goes back and forth. I went for a walk around the block a little earlier, what a beautiful day. I wish I felt like riding or running. I should feel a little better tomorrow.

I can do this 2 more times. I can do this 2 more times. I can.......

Peace

Ken

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

You CAN do this two more times! You are at mile 24 of you chemo marathon and you have come this far. You can do it Ken!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home