Friday, June 09, 2006

ANOTHER FINISH LINE---MY TREATMENTS ARE OVER !




June 8 was my last radiation treatment. I'm done. I just have follow-up appointments from here.

Here are some photos of the radiation treatments. They were taken with a camera phone, so the quality is not the best.

The first photo shows my lovely mask that helps to keep me from moving and locates my head/neck in the same position each time.

The second photo shows the "field" with the white light on my neck.

The third photo just shows the Radiation Table and Machine.

As of today (June 9), my throat is still very sore and my voice is basically non-existant. I'm not sure how long it will take for it to come back. I have lost some weight with the swallowing problem, about 4 pounds. I'm trying to eat, it is just painful and liquids just don't provide enough nourishment unless I drown myself in them.

By the way, I got to keep the mask from the photos, any suggestions on what I should do with it? Let's keep the answers clean-this is a family show !

Later,

Ken

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool pictures Ken....as for the mask, that's up to you and your hairdresser!

Don't fear about training...I haven't done much since May 13th either..and I don't have any excuse!

Take care my friend...and thanks for the blog link!

Weckinator!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Excellent! Radiation treatments are very tough according to the other cancer survivors I've met. You make #4. Congratulations! Now all it takes is a little recovery time, just like normal training.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

This looks like something from The Six Million Dollar Man. I hate to use the word "cool" since I'm sure you'd rather not have to go through this in the first place but...well... it's cool.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken long time no chat...more my fault than yours! As for the mask...can I borrow it for Halloween? Glad to hear treatments are over. Wendy, Alexis, and I wish you and your family the best.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home