Monday, March 27, 2006

March 24, 25, 26

Friday--Woke up this morning feeling a little better with regards to my back pain. Went to work. Had some blood work done-CBC (various blood count number) is basically normaly today. I will attribute this to plenty of excercise, daily multi-vitamin, and good, balanced diet. I did go see Pauline today. She found knots in my back I didn't know I had. I'm not sure what I did that caused these knots. I also noticed that some of my ribs were a little sore. I must have bruised them a little during Yoga or something. She did get my back loosened up though.

Saturday--Up nice and early for the 4 hour bike ride. Dean and myself ended up riding out near Robson Ranch and back for a good 61 mile ride. Thanks Dean. I know he could have dropped me pretty easliy on some of the climbs. I hope I wasn;t holding you back Dean. Thanks for waiting. Streched afterwards outside in the beautiful sunshine we had. I guess I should have worn hat though. My bald head got a little sunburn for the hours or so we were out there streching and talking. What a great day though. Really enjoyed the ride. Iwas very tired that night, slept very well though.

Sunday--Today we had a two hour bike ride and followed by a 45 minute run. The wind was pretty bad. On the bike, we left in a group of about 15 or so. It wasn't long that the group pulled ahead and I couldn't keep the pace. The result was a wonderful ride with Barb and Erika. Thanks ladies !! Once we got back from the ride, it was time for a 45 minute run. Barb and I did the run together. I wanted to stop several times and catch my breath, but the ego thing kept me running with her. I don't think she realized she was pushing me, and of cours being male I would nevewr admit to it (until now). Thanks Barb......

The rest of the day I was pretty tired. I mowed the yard as some of the weeds were taller than our kids. I think I also took a short nap in there somewhere also.

Erika also brought some dinner to our house. Since this is chemo week coming up, she new that it is usually a very difficult week and cooking is hard for my lovely wife to fit in with me in a pretty much useless state. Thank You Erika !! It is much appreciated.

My second to last chemo is this coming tuesday. Not looking forward to it, but I only have two more.......I can do this two more times..

Remember to keep Kristin V and her family in you prayers......

Later,

Ken

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken, you are doing so well. What an inspiration you are to everyone. You can make it through these last two treatments...keep your spirits up and it will all be over soon!
Laura

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home