Thursday, May 25, 2006

May 25--Update

I started Radiation Treatments on 5/15. I have a total of 18 to do. As of today, I have gone through 9 of them. I am half way !! For the most part, they are very short in duration. I am in and out of there in 15 minutes or less. Go in, lay on the table, get my head strapped down and aimed under the lasers with the watchful eyes of Andrea. She leaves the room, closes the 8 inch lead door and pushes the "Toast" button. She then comes back and re-positions the "radiation cam" and leaves for another dose, only this time, my back side gets it. So far, the only side effects that I currently have are a sore throat and the skin on my neck is beginning to get sensitive and pink. I am supposed to stay out of the sun as much as possible to keep the skin on my neck from being irritated more than necessary.

Also, on Monday this week, I had my chemo port removed. That took Dr S about 30 minutes or so to do in his office. I was pretty sore that afternoon and evening and had to take a couple of pain killers that night. But none since then. It sure is nice to have that foreign body out of my chest !!

Click here for some photos of the race

Thats all for now.

Later,

Ken Smith
Survivor !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home